• Recommendation for vaccination: Routine annual vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and above who do not have contraindications.
The WHO recommends the following for the Northern Hemisphere’s quadrivalent (four-strain) vaccines:
- For H1N1, an A/Michigan/45/2015-like virus
- For H3N2, an A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016-like virus
- For B Victoria, a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus
- For B Yamagata, a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
The Japanese vaccine will contain the following four-strains:
- For H1N1, an A/Singapore / GP1908 / 2015 pdm09-like virus
- For H3N2, an A/Singapore / INFIMH-16-0019 / 2016-like virus
- For B Victoria, a B / Maryland / 15 / 2016-like virus
- For B Yamagata, a B / Phuket / 3073 / 2013-like virus
• Timing of vaccination: Vaccination should occur before onset of influenza activity in the community.
• Travelers: Travelers who wish to reduce the risk for influenza infection should consider influenza vaccination, preferably 2 weeks before departure.
Please contact our office for details and appointments. Special arrangements can be made for large groups or companies that require all employees to be vaccinated.