2020-2021 Seasonal Flu vaccines are currently available for administration. But we have been informed by our suppliers that quantity is limited. Unfortunately we will only be able to offer vaccinations while our final stock lasts.
Japan is experiencing sustained community transmission of respiratory illness (COVID-19) caused by the novel coronavirus. The virus can spread from person to person.
- If you have traveled to a place or were in contact with a person known to have 2019-nCoV illness.
- If you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
We ask you to contact the following designated medical facilities for further guidance.
Our clinic is not a designated medical facility for class II infections. We cannot test for the Corona virus. Please do not walk-in if you are symptomatic as this will pose a risk to others and may spread infection. Please call our office if you have questions.
American Clinic Tokyo is an appointment based clinic. We ask for your cooperation in placing an appointment in advance. This will help us secure sufficient time for each patient and maintain the highest standards of privacy and infection control.
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-6441-0969 with the following information.
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number or Email
- Reason for Visit / Chief Complaint
- Current Location
Please read our FAQ section for details before proceeding to place an appointment. We do not consult or handle time-sensitive matters over email. Emails lacking the information above cannot be answered.
We cannot perform PCR testing for the Corona virus. Please do not walk-in. Designated facilities are listed here: https://www.americanclinictokyo.com/designated-medical-facilities-class-ii/
For more information, please connect to our reception desk by registering on VSee (an online telemedicine platform). https://vsee.com/s/5e5861ed03c80
☆ 海外赴任ガイド 2019年度版☆
☆ The Expat’s Guide to Japan 2019 ☆
Receive your free copy at the American Clinic Tokyo. The Expat’s Guide to Japan 2019 is a valuable source of information. A must have when living or just traveling in Tokyo.
This Data Crunch Report is provided for patients to better understand the demographics and scope of the practice. Copyright © 2019 American Clinic Tokyo
• Recommendation for vaccination: Routine annual vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and above who do not have contraindications.
The WHO recommends the following for the Northern Hemisphere’s quadrivalent (four-strain) vaccines:
- For H1N1, an A/Michigan/45/2015-like virus
- For H3N2, an A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016-like virus
- For B Victoria, a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus
- For B Yamagata, a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
The Japanese vaccine will contain the following four-strains:
- For H1N1, an A/Singapore / GP1908 / 2015 pdm09-like virus
- For H3N2, an A/Singapore / INFIMH-16-0019 / 2016-like virus
- For B Victoria, a B / Maryland / 15 / 2016-like virus
- For B Yamagata, a B / Phuket / 3073 / 2013-like virus
• Timing of vaccination: Vaccination should occur before the onset of influenza activity in the community.
• Travelers: Travelers who wish to reduce the risk for influenza infection should consider influenza vaccination, preferably 2 weeks before departure.
Please contact our office for details and appointments. Special arrangements can be made for large groups or companies that require all employees to be vaccinated.
Colleagues and Friends,
It is with great sadness that we inform you that Dr. Frederick Isaac Shane passed away on 5:39 AM November 12th, 2014.
Dr. Shane was a humble, kind, incredibly generous friend and mentor to us in the medical field. He was a much loved colleague and he will be greatly missed.
Dr. Shane was the director of the American Clinic Tokyo (formerly known as the Shane Clinic) for 60 years before his retirement in 2013. He devoted his entire career to serving the English speaking community in Japan.
Messages of condolence can be sent to Clara Takahashi 090-3876-6684 email@example.com
Thank you for considering our services. We would like to secure sufficient time for each patient so please be sure to place an appointment in advance. This can be done by calling us* at 03-6441-0969 during office hours (9:00-12:00, 15:00-18:00, Closed Sat., Sun., Holidays). You will need to provide us with your name, date of birth, contact number and reason for visit. We also accept requests by email at firstname.lastname@example.org but please kindly wait for our confirmation as it may take some time for us to reply.
*We only accept requests from patients directly. Friends, family, secretaries will not be able to place an appointment with us unless you are an established patient at our clinic. We kindly ask for your punctuality and we will contact you if you are not present at the time of appointment. Cancellation without prior notification and acknowledgement is subject to loss of appointment services by phone or email.