☆ 海外赴任ガイド 2019年度版☆
☆ The Expat’s Guide to Japan 2019 ☆
Receive your free copy at the American Clinic Tokyo. The Expat’s Guide to Japan 2019 is a valuable source of information. A must have when living or just traveling in Tokyo.
This Data Crunch Report is provided for patients to better understand the demographics and scope of the practice. Copyright © 2019 American Clinic Tokyo
The Royal College of Psychiatrists awarded Dr Yuki Takao for her work in collaboration with Dr Kissane and his Psynary Team. Congratulations!
World Health Organization data indicate that influenza A viruses were by far the most common cause of illness in the Southern Hemisphere’s 2018 flu season, with subtype A (H1N1) pdm09 dominating overall.
Last flu season was deadliest since 1976, CDC says: The US saw about 80,000 deaths related to flu and complications from the illness last winter, the most since 1976, according to the CDC. Nearly all the deaths — 90% — were in people at least 65 years old.
Get flu shot by end of Oct., CDC advises: The CDC is calling for people ages 6 months and older to be vaccinated against seasonal flu by the end of October. Because it takes about two weeks after vaccination for people to develop antibodies against influenza, they should receive the vaccine before the virus starts circulating nearby. Flu vaccination is the best way to protect those most at risk.
• Recommendation for vaccination: Routine annual vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and above who do not have contraindications.
The WHO recommends the following for the Northern Hemisphere’s quadrivalent (four-strain) vaccines:
- For H1N1, an A/Michigan/45/2015-like virus
- For H3N2, an A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016-like virus
- For B Victoria, a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus
- For B Yamagata, a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
The Japanese vaccine will contain the following four-strains:
- For H1N1, an A/Singapore / GP1908 / 2015 pdm09-like virus
- For H3N2, an A/Singapore / INFIMH-16-0019 / 2016-like virus
- For B Victoria, a B / Maryland / 15 / 2016-like virus
- For B Yamagata, a B / Phuket / 3073 / 2013-like virus
• Timing of vaccination: Vaccination should occur before the onset of influenza activity in the community.
• Travelers: Travelers who wish to reduce the risk for influenza infection should consider influenza vaccination, preferably 2 weeks before departure.
Please contact our office for details and appointments. Special arrangements can be made for large groups or companies that require all employees to be vaccinated.
Supporting clinicians to treat mood and anxiety disorders
Enabling organizations to deliver care
Empowering patients on their personal path to recovery
By using Psynary you will be providing your clinician with all the information they need to make the best decisions about your treatment before you come to clinic, so you can use the clinic time to focus on what is important to you.
Psynary is secure, completely anonymous and free. Psynary does not collect any information that can be used to personally identify you. You are linked directly to your clinician, but you can also link to other health professionals in your team to help coordinate your care.
Psynary can be accessed through any internet device: desktops, laptops, tablets or smart phones. You can carry out assessments in your own home, in your own time.
The American Clinic Tokyo can create a Psynary account for you. Please call us at 03-6441-0969 and find out more about how it can help you.
Since the launch of our website in October 2013, we have reached 250,000 views. Your interest and support have helped our growth. Your kind support will allow us to serve you better. Thank you!